Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Maura Weir homework #5

Maura Weir Homework #5

     While watching the video "Doofy Husbands: Target Women" I thought it was very funny but over exaggerated. The part i find the funniest is when she is talking about a guy before he is married. Before the guy is married he will try and impress his girl friend, but as time goes by he is comfortable with her so he doesn't try as hard. But the part i found exaggerated was when she says "we work, we take care of our children, and we do it all without a shread of help from those lumbering man beasts know as husbands." In our day i do believe that men help take care of a family. I don't think men are incapable of taking care of a family.
     While watching Troopes vs. Women i found her to be very sarcastic. I agree with some of her points but others are are like the other video, sarcastic. I like the one quote by her when she says that women have their own brilliant and creative endeavors. I believe that we have our own ideas but her sarcasm makes it seem like we are only her for men. I think she went a little over board when she was talking about Hollywood movies. I have seen movies where the guys help the girls or where the girl is the hero in the movie.

2 comments:

  1. I also agree that men can take care of a family. One of my friend's dad takes care of their family the way a wife does while she goes to work. The woman taking care of the family isn't true in all cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that in movies there are some women in movies that are actually the heroes and it makes women feel good about themselves and shows people we don't always need men to save us sometimes they need us to save them.

    ReplyDelete