Monday, September 26, 2011

AJ Gilpin Blog #7

In chapters 3 and 5 in the Pearson text book there were many hotspots that caught my eye. The first one was in the section entitled Thought Exercise on Angle of Vision.   This section talked about how one experience can turn into multiple different stories depending on who you tell the story to. The example they used was going to a party and the next day two people ask you about it. One is your best friend and the other is a parent. I found this very interesting because it is obvious I would tell a different story to my parents than my best friend. It was exciting for me to think about what kind of story would come out with other people asking me about it and I came to the conclusion that the story could have gone and infinite amount of ways depending on the situation as I am telling it.
Another are I found interesting was in the beginning of chapter 5 when the author attempts to define an exploratory essay. “An exploratory essay narrates a writer’s thinking process while doing research. The essay recounts your attempt to examine your question’s complexity, explore alternatives, and arrive at a solution or answer,” (Pearson 105).  I found this interesting because I have never had to write and exploratory essay and never really knew what one is. In high school we were forced to write research papers each year. I feel if the paper was structured like an exploratory essay it would have been a lot easier to do and also a lot more fun. It sounds like an exploratory essay is a lot less structured that a research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment