Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blog #5 Cassie Wolff

While watching the video “Doofy Husbands: Target Women”, I believed it was very critical of men and their roles. Such as making viewers believe when a male is single he is very attractive, outgoing, always going out, having fun and just being a flirty guy. This in most cases is somewhat the truth, because males like to be adventurous. Another thing is it shows married males to be lazy, not helping with children or household duties. This I disagree with completely because my dad does a lot of house work to help my mom and cooks most of the nights in my home.

The other video clip was “Tropes vs. Women” I found to be an insult. The whole video was about a “manic pixie dream girl”, who is that? Hollywood wants ever girl to be carved and shaped in a certain way… but not all males want that. Most males love a person for who they are not what they look like or act like to be the perfect “manic pixie dream girl”. I don’t like how she compared the character roles of males and females to movies, not all relationship beginnings or friendships always have the girl being the one to help the male out.    

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you when you said that men like to be adventurous, even when they are in a relationship with someone they still love to do the things they used to do when they were single.

    ReplyDelete